Today we tagged a new round of alpha releases for the search ecosystem. A new alpha was tagged for Search API. Facets has also seen a new release, that supports Search API alpha-15. At Drupalcamp Granada, we released the first alpha for search api sorts, this release now passes tests and no longer needs the display plugin patch.
We’ve seen a whole lot of additional functionality and bugfixes since the previous alpha.
git checkout 8.x-1.0-alpha3; git diff --shortstat 8.x-1.0-alpha2 tells us that we changed 70 files, added 2521 lines and removed 2882.
We were able to remove so much code because of the result sorting fix, a test cleanup and the refactor of the dropdown and checkbox widgets.
Changes since 8.x-1.0-alpha2:
- #2724171 by StryKaizer, borisson_: Create a new processor stage 'Sort'
- #2722267 by StryKaizer: Fix Facet::getProcessorsByStage
- #2730571 by StryKaizer: Change description in configuration menu
- #2726455 by ademarco, StryKaizer: QueryString URL processor breaks pagination for views displayed on the same page
- #2712557 by borisson_: Language prefix breaks facets
- #2712515 by borisson_, StryKaizer: Enable default sorts for new facets
- #2724381 by StryKaizer: Port "Show more"/"Show less" functionality from D7
- #2724381 by claudiu.cristea: Port "Show more"/"Show less" functionality from D7
- #2725243: Duplicate trim for same result filter
- #2713875 by borisson_, claudiu.cristea: Followup, change method visibility + file newline fix.
- #2711697 by borisson_, StryKaizer, claudiu.cristea, marthinal: Facet calculations are in the wrong order
- #2713875 by borisson_, StryKaizer, stijn26: Use GET request for dropdown widget
- #2723405 by StryKaizer: FacetSourceEditForm doesn't redirect to the main list or show a confirmation message
- #2656668 by borisson_, StryKaizer, Evaldas Užkuras, claudiu.cristea: Facet's results sorting with multiple sorts
- Code style fix.
- #2717903 by borisson_: Cleanup for tests
- #2714679 by GGH, borisson_, StryKaizer: Replacing i.e. and e.g. with English words
- #2671696 by slasher13, borisson_: Add composer.json to module
- #2658678 by borisson_, StryKaizer, Evaldas Užkuras: Checkbox widget does not enable multiple facet's values at a time
- #2712511 by StryKaizer: Change admin controller routing for better site builder UX
- Indentation fix
- #2713137 by borisson_, StryKaizer: Links widget should provide themable items
- #2712519 by StryKaizer: Change the @group annotation for core search tests
- #2712505 by StryKaizer: Clean up facet add form
- style fix.
- #2710189 by borisson_: Simplify the LinksWidget
- #2709515 by bc, borisson_: Display labels for entity base fields as well as field.module fields
- #2711205 by borisson_: Enable Post Query processors
- Do not call parent render function on facet source listing
- #2696979 by borisson_, una_maria, dasjo: Active items should have an active class
- #2693861 by marthinal: Fix core search tests with postgres
- #2704669 by karlosvh: Remove page parameter from urls
- #2704645 by karlosvh: Multiple facets - links are not correct
- #2704855 by webflo, borisson_: Remove diacritics when sorting by display value
What’s still to do before beta.
We still have some things to do before we can go into beta and eventually to a stable release for facets. There’s still a bunch of open issues we need to address. We’d also very much appreciate manual testing and good issue reports so we can make the next releases better. The facets module will stay in alpha as long as Search API doesn’t release a beta version, so help on the remaining beta blockers is very welcome.
If you want to talk to any of us about Facets or another part of the search ecosystem, you can find us on #drupal-search-api on Freenode.